Call us on...
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This page covers the terms and conditions, not
our favourite page! But nevertheless it has to
be clear for our benefit and our customers. By
confirming your order you accept the following
Terms and Conditions:
PAYMENT – STRICTLY BEFORE DELIVERY IS MADE
- Card details will be taken at time of booking. Payment will be drawn 2 days before delivery due date.
- Payment by cash is accepted at time of delivery. Payment by BACS is accepted 2 days before delivery due date. If for any reason payment is not received, payment must be made on the delivery due date unless otherwise agreed.
- We do not accept cheques as payment.
- All prices include VAT unless otherwise stated
- If an invoice is received it must be paid within 7 days from the invoice date, late invoices will incur a 10% charge.
- The customer has the right to cancel any product or services, but must do so within 2 days before the date of the order being delivered or collected.
- Once the order has been made and the delivery vehicle is committed to delivering the customers product or if the order has been fulfilled and is ready for collection, cancellation at this stage may incur a 25% handling/re-stocking fee.
- If cancelling and payment has already been made by card or BACS, an administration fee of 5% will be charged.
- Deliveries over 20 miles will incur a £10.00 delivery charge. Our maximum delivery range is 25 miles from our site (TR13 0NP)
- If for any reason South West Forestry cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using larger vehicles and it is the customers responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions. In such cases that delivery in our opinion is not possible, then we reserve the right to cancel the order, and a 25% handling fee may be charged.
- When delivery is made it is the customers responsibility to check the items being delivered are correct before they are unloaded. If for any reason once the items have been unloaded we have to re-load, a handling fee of 25% may be charged.
- Deliveries are made using tipping vehicles, loose loads will be tipped off, please ensure you protect the ground where the items are being tipped, and if required please have a tarpaulin ready to cover your woodfuel if raining. Or alternatively if you cannot be present please leave a tarpaulin in the area where you want the woodfuel tipped and the driver will cover for you.
- If customer is not present at time of delivery, the delivery driver will unload at the delivery address. Please advise when ordering if you wish the order to be unloaded in a specific area.
- South West Forestry will not accept any liability, damage or loss arising from deliveries being unloaded while customer is not present.
- South West Forestry will not accept any liability for damages to any property caused during delivery.
- South West Forestry will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date, however if for any reason we are unable to deliver we will contact the customer immediately and arrange another suitable date. South West Forestry will not accept any liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
UNSEASONED, SEASONED & KILN DRIED WOODFUEL
- Unseasoned woodfuel will need drying once received, depending of species, weather conditions & storage this will take various lengths of time. Unseasoned woodfuel should be stored with plenty of airflow and protected from rain etc. Unseasoned woodfuel is not suitable for storage in enclosed areas i.e garages etc.
- Seasoned woodfuel will need further drying before use. It has a moisture content of approx 30% (depending on species) it should be stored with plenty of airflow and protected from rain etc. Seasoned woodfuel is not suitable for enclosed storage i.e garages etc.
- Kiln dried woodfuel is suitable for immediate use, it has a moisture content of approx 20%. Our kiln dried woodfuel is dried on site in a kiln heated by a biomass boiler which burns waste from our business. Kiln dried woodfuel is suitable for storage in enclosed areas i.e garages etc. Kiln dried woodfuel is dried to a moisture content to give you the optimum burning experience.
- Prices are subject to change, promotional terms apply only in the period stated. Spring/Summer offers are subject to limited spaces, once all available slots are booked the offer/prices will expire.
SUPPLY OF PRODUCTS
- All sizes quoted are approximate, the measurement of wood in cubic metres (M³) refers to loose wood inclusive of air gaps, when stacked the measurement of the stack will be less than the loose load.
- Woodfuel is cut to approximately 23cm (9”) in length (Tolerance on lengths is +/- 10%) each piece is split into manageable, averaged sized logs/diameter
- All woodfuel will be a mixture of species, (Hardwood – Beech, Ash, Oak, Chestnut etc, Softwood – Spruce, Larch, Douglas fir etc) South West Forestry cannot guarantee a specific species of timber.
- When log orders are processed there will be a percentage of smaller pieces of wood, woodchips, sawdust and sticks in the load, we recommend using these as kindling or compost. Alternatively you are welcome to bag them up and bring to our site where we will burn it in our biomass boiler, please only bring back wood from our deliveries.
- Please ensure you wear protective attire when moving your woodfuel. We recommend gloves, eye protection and suitable footwear.
- South West Forestry will not accept any liability for injury, damage or loss arising from the handling or use of goods purchased.
- South West Forestry cannot guarantee that the appearance and or colours of the natural products offered for sale will exactly reproduce the appearance and or colours of the physical products themselves, as with any natural product no two are ever the same.
- All products delivered or collected shall be at the customers risk from the time of delivery/collection, after such time South West Forestry shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the products from whatever cause arising.
- The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment and property while on South West Forestry’s premises.
- The customer must comply with all the requirements of Health and Safety Legislation.
- South West Forestry accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on their premises. These conditions and any contact or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by South West Forestry with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary coarse of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the rime being in force.
THIS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.